Argonne National Laboratory
By integrating IME into its organizational structure and offering joint appointment to all IME core faculty, Argonne National Laboratory elevates its historical partnership with the University of Chicago to a new level. This new partnership model not only provides IME faculty unprecedented access to Argonne resources, including world-class facilities, leading scientists, technology platform, and expertise in managing projects for industrial and commercial applications, but also affords Argonne scientists opportunities to work closely with IME researchers on global scale problems and challenges. This partnership will not only benefit Argonne and IME, but could potentially strengthen the Chicago-area economy and community as a whole.
The Institute for Molecular Engineering is founded on the principle of building partnerships with sister University entities. Such partnership will provide synergistic impact to the research programs that are already making a powerful impact in their respective fields.
Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship
Because IME finds real-world applications for its research, the partnership with Chicago Booth’s Polsky Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation will maximize the scope and impact of future technologies. The Polsky Center is aimed at new venture creation and start-ups, and IME Pritzker Director Matt Tirrell expects this partnership to add a new dimension to IME’s entrepreneurial endeavors.
Institute for Translational Medicine
Some of the most exciting research happening at IME can be applied to help medical patients. Beyond developing innovative diagnostic tools and therapies, molecular engineers can manipulate human tissue and cells. A partnership with the Institute for Translational Medicine, medical researchers and physicians can mean leaps in the way patients are diagnosed and treated. Clinical physicians are strong partners for IME because they are practical-minded and want to help the patients they see every day at the University of Chicago Medicine, according to Tirrell.
- Institute for Genomics and Systems Biology
- Institute for Biophysical Dynamics
- Computation Institute/Hack Laboratory
- Chicago Materials Research Center
- Research Computing Center
- Reva and David Logan Center for the Arts
- Art | Science Initiative
- Richard and Mary L. Gray Center for Arts and Inquiry
- Center for Technology Development and Venture
- UChicago Creative
- Ben Gurion University of Israel
- Chicago Innovation Exchange
- Energy Policy Institute at Chicago (EPIC)
- Ben May Department for Cancer Research
- University of Chicago Comprehensive Cancer Center
- ShanghaiTech University
- National Taiwan University
The IME Corporate Affiliate Program is an important bridge connecting IME scholars, research, and technology to global innovation leaders in industry. Benefits of being a Corporate Affiliate include:
· Personalized access to superb students trained not only in science and engineering but also in product design and entrepreneurship;
· In-depth previews of IME's latest scientific discoveries and transformative technological developments;
· Exclusive access to a broad portfolio of research capability and expertise associated with faculty in both IME and the Division of the Physical Sciences.
Corporations that are interested in developing an affiliation with the IME should email Dr. Sharon Feng.