Eckhardt Research Center RM351
5640 South Ellis Avenue
Chicago, IL 60637
ruizhang at uchicago.edu
Dr. Rui Zhang is conducting theoretical and simulation research in the following directions at de Pablo group:
1) Liquid Crystal Hydrodynamics;
2) Active Liquids;
3) Dynamic Jamming of Dense Suspensions.
B.S. Department of Physics, Fudan University, China (2007)
Ph.D. with Dr. Joel Koplik at Levich Institute and Physics Department, City College of the City University of New York (CCNY) (2013)
2007 - 2008: Teaching Assistant at CCNY.
2009 - 2013: Research Assistant & Adjunct Lecturer at CCNY.
2013.12: Visiting Scholar at Southwest Jiaotong University, China.
2014 - now: Postdoctorate Scholar at University of Chicago.
- Mesoscale martensitic transformation in single crystals of topological defects
September 18, 2017
- Directed self-assembly of blue-phase liquid crystals pave the way for intriguing photonic materials
July 24, 2017
- Manipulation of liquid crystals could help control drug-delivery process
September 15, 2016